The Practice of Welcoming: iRest® Personal Practice Immersion with Nöle
Date: 7/28/2017 – 7/30/2017 (Fri-Sun)
Come join us for this iRest® immersion where you will learn the principles and practice of iRest meditation and experience the variety of ways it can be used on and off the mat.
iRest Yoga Nidra is a research-based meditation, relaxation, and healing protocol. It enables you to deeply calm your nervous system, integrate difficult thoughts & emotions, and offers a portal for awakening to your essential nature. iRest meditation is an excellent personal practice and adjunctive practice for healthcare & healing professionals. Research shows it effectively reduces stress, insomnia, anxiety, depression, chronic pain, & post-traumatic stress disorder, and enhances joy, equanimity & well-being in daily life.
This immersion is open to everyone; both experienced iRest practitioners and newcomers alike wishing to sample the fullness it has to offer for health, healing, and wholeness of being.
Through experiential practice and dynamic dialogue we’ll explore:
- Inner Resource as the felt sense of safety, security and well-being (Sankalpa)
- Our deepest heart’s desire or souls purpose (Sankalpa)
- BodySensing: experiencing and moving the body as space in space
- BreathSensing: calming and toning the nervous system
- Welcoming and engaging challenging emotions & beliefs
- Guided and self-guided/free-form iRest®Yoga Nidra meditations
- Self-Inquiry and Co-Meditation in dyads
- The neuroscience of meditation
- Awakening to our essential wholeness and True Nature
This immersion fulfills the short retreat requirement of the iRest Certification Program.
When we want this moment to be other than it is we experience stress and internal conflict; we separate from what is. Healing occurs when we are no longer absorbed and tangled up in likes and dislikes. Attention bound in reaction is now available for change and transformation. A change in perspective invites a feeling of radiant and joyful translucence in the body and brings about profound insights and awakening.
Cost: $295 early bird / $350 after July 6
Friday July 28th – Sunday July 30th
Friday- Registration 5:00 – 5:30 p.m. / Program 5:30 – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday- 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. (2 hour break) 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.