Invalid Displayed Gallery
We currently have no Pilates Classes on the Schedule, however we suggest our Barre Blast and Fusion Classes!
- Challenge deep abdominal muscles to support your core
- Engage your mind and enhance body awareness
- Reduce stress, relieve tension and boost energy
- Restore postural alignment
- Create a stronger, more flexible spine
- Enhance mobility, agility and stamina
- Compliment sports training and develop functional fitness for daily life activity
There are some differences. Yoga has been practiced for thousands of years. Pilates was created during the 20th century. While both modalities help to develop a mind-body connection, yoga classes often include an additional spiritual component while a Pilates class might place more emphasis on developing postural awareness and core strength. In Pilates, the exercises are usually done in a fluid manner; in yoga, poses may be held for some time. Most Pilates exercises are done close to the ground whether seated, lying down, or on all fours. You may find you’ll practice more standing postures in yoga than in Pilates.